5 Tips On Foods To Eat To Speed Up Weight Loss
Losing weight doesn’t mean that you need to give up all of your favorite foods or eat food that tastes like cardboard. There are plenty of foods that taste great, along with recipes to make them that will help you to lose weight and not feel as though you are depriving yourself of anything or starving yourself so that you can lose a few pounds. Think herbs and spices, and moderation and you will see the pounds drop off without feeling deprived of anything! Here are 5 food tips to get you started:
* Oatmeal is a wonderful food for breakfasts. It is high in fiber, low in calories, and is very filling. You can put a variety of flavorings on the oatmeal from butter to honey, as long as it is in moderation. Overdoing anything will be bad for you.
* Lettuce and other leafy greens are a wonderful source of fiber and other essential nutrients. Stay away from iceberg lettuce, though, as it has almost no nutritional value. Green leaf, red leaf, and romaine lettuce are good options as well as spinach, kale and Swiss chard for iron sources.
* You don’t have to give up many of your favorite foods if you cook them using olive oil or natural nut oils and reduce your portion sizes. Using non saturated fats can help reduce cravings for other fatty foods, as well as adding a different flavor to an already favorite dish.
* Fish provides essential Omega-3 fatty acids. These acids promote superior brain development and mood stabilization.
* Beans provide lots of fiber, protein, and help to stabilize blood sugar levels. Many vegetarians use beans as a replacement for meat. You can even mix beans and lean ground beef to make heart healthy and fat conscious taco or burrito filling.
Mixing these healthy foods with moderate amounts of your favorites will give you a healthy and enjoyable diet that yields results. You can even go a step further and use natural flavorings and spices to add zest to your food instead of pre packaged seasoning.
Take a look at your favorite taco seasoning, for instance, and read the list of ingredients. Most of what is there that is unpronounceable or doesn’t grow on its own is mainly there as a preservative. If you just use the spices that are in it, you can make it better and healthier. The extra effort may even make cooking enjoyable as you craft and perfect your recipes.
Lets face it! Going and staying on a weight loss diet is hard work; any way you look at it. But you don’t have to pound (pun intended) yourself into the ground with your diet. Simply by spicing up your “diet power foods”, with all natural spices, and reducing your portion sizes of your favorite foods, will take some of the hard work out of dieting.